domingo, 13 de octubre de 2013

Discovery - Climbing in Berlin Public Boulder

I arrived to Berlin, late in the summer of 2013, and I was lucky enough to taste the end of the summer, and I loved it! The city is super green and there are a lot of parks. There are big parks where people gather together to pinic, playing sports and hangout with friends. It is really nice and I am glad that I arrived just in time to grasp the taste of Berlin's summer.

After getting my bearings in the city, I tried to find some places to climb. First I found the usual climbing gyms, then I tried to find some rock places to go... not so nearby unfortunately.

Some day, just by chance while walking in a park I found a boulder! At first I thought, damn! there is a huge rock in the middle of the park and people is climbing there! Cool!
But, as I got closer I realized that there was something weird about it...



After careful examination, I concluded that  the boulder was artificial, but it resembled a rock boulder quite good.

This was a public boulder, with rocky look and feel, that posed a low travers of interesting difficulty, and it was in a big open park, right beneath the sky. I loved it!

In my next post, I am going to talk about this and similar places, and where to find them in Berlin.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario